LOCAL ELECTION 2020
Published on Monday, April 6, 2020
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING LETTER
We will be mailing your nomination form along with this letter on April 7, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
In light of the COVID-19, Local 27 will be conducting its officer elections entirely by mail, including both nominations as well as voting for officers. Information regarding the protocols for nominations for union office follows below.
1. The following offices are up for election and open for nominations: (See Attached). The term of office for each of these positions is three years.
2. Members may nominate themselves or another member. Only a member in good standing can nominate a candidate. There is no requirement for a nomination to be seconded.
3. Nominations may be submitted by mail or email to:
2261 S. Redwood Rd. Ste E
Salt Lake City, UT 84119,
All nominations must be received by May 1, 2020 no later than 5:00 pm.
4. The Judges of Election will contact all nominees to verify acceptance of the nomination. All accepted nominations will be sent to the International General Secretary’s Office with names and membership numbers to verify eligibility. To be eligible for office, any individual must have been a member in the Local Union in continuous good standing for at least two years.
5. The Judges of Election from the last election shall serve as the Judges of Election for the 2020 election. Any openings shall be filled by persons who have served as Judges of Election in the election immediately preceding the last election. In the event of any remaining vacancies, the President shall appoint replacements to serve as Judges of Election. All Judges of Election must be eligible to serve as Judges of this election in accordance with the requirements of the International Constitution (e.g. no Judge of Election shall be a candidate for any office).
Notice of Election:
Election will be conducted from May 11th – June 12th Ballots will be mailed by May 8, 2020 and must be received by June 11th to be counted. Ballots will be counted on June 12th, 2020.
Because the election will be conducted entirely by mail ballot, it is important that the Union have your correct address. Please contact the Hall to make sure your contact information is correct or to update your information.
Information about the procedures regarding nominations and elections can also be found on Local 27 (ironworkers27.com) and the District Council’s website.